Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Why body do you hate me?

I swear at times my body is actively working against me. It knows the plan, knows what it has to do but somehow it still decides to follow its own agenda. I had everything so nicely worked out, AF would come, we'd go to the RE for baseline bloods and ultrasound, then start clomid, do the trigger shot, catch that egg and then go happy on holiday for three weeks and come back with a beautiful bfp. Well that's all gone out the window. My body decided it didn't want to release that egg when it was meant to, no, it wanted to wait another week so today I'm only 12dpo and AF isn't due for another 4 days. So this all now means that we won't be doing clomid this cycle as we can't do the follicle tracking from the other side of the world. grrrrr.

SO next cycle will be another attempt at a natural cycle, like we've had so much success with those in the past! Then September will be a break as hubby is going to a conference which was timed around ovulation but now will be perfectly timed for my fertile week. Great. My chances of being pregnant this year are slowly slipping away from me. At times I think I should just give up. Isn't the sign of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome? Well that's what I've been doing month after month. The only problem is, I'm just too stubborn to actually give up, I just can't do it. So I will keep going, keep suffering the heartache cycle after cycle until we reach our end goal.    

2 comments:

  1. Yuck to wonky cycles! I guess this is your body laughing at your thoughtful planning. Sometimes I feel like my body does things just to be contrary. But remember, you're not doing the same thing: different eggs, different sperm. You're testing different combinations until the right one sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely, sometimes I need to be told everything we're doing isn't just pointless! I should have learnt by now not to plan ahead as every time I do my body plays up! grrr lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete