Sunday, June 16, 2013

We're going ahead!

It's been quite an emotional few days since my last post. After finding out we would have to fund any testing and treatment ourselves my whole world felt like it was falling apart. But after many long conversations with hubby we've decided to go ahead and book the consultation with the RE. For the bargain price of $300 we get a 90 min consultation including an ultrasound, exam and blood work for me and an SA for hubby so from that I'm hoping they can get a fair idea of what the problem is. So I've filled in the online new patient consultation report form and am just waiting for them to get back to me so we can arrange a date and get the patient pack. Part of me is so excited, we could be pregnant by the end of the year!! But the other part of me is terrified of what they'll find wrong and that we may not be able to afford treatment but I guess we'll have to navigate those hurdles when we get to them.

I have felt very sorry for hubby these past few days, he's been on the receiving end of countless panicked and upset emails, I know he probably feels so helpless being so far away at the moment so is only able to comfort me over email and skype but at least he'll be home in a week so we can deal with all of this together.

On a brighter note, I'm 6dpo today so almost half way through the 2ww! Not feeling too bad so far, up until yesterday I was still getting quite a bit of cramping from the obgyn visit but that seems to have eased off. Also noticed that my estrogen levels most of surged early as from 3 - 5 dpo I was getting tons (and I mean TONS!) of creamy cm and a strong metallic taste in my mouth. I'm not quite sure why but my hormones do seem to have gone into overdrive during the 2ww for the last two cycles, its like they are determined to make me suffer every possible early preg symptom going with the only reward being AF at the end. Stupid body.  

No comments:

Post a Comment