Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Back from the RE

So, I've Just got back from the fertility center and from dropping hubby back at work, it was really nice there very relaxing and everyone was really friendly. We saw the RE who went through all the options they have with us (assisted ovulation, assisted ov with iui, ivf, ivf with doner egg/sperm) and said they tend to recommend iui's and ivf as they have the highest success rates.

They then took a million different blood tests, well 15 but that's a lot of blood!! And then did a tv ultrasound, the RE said my uterus looks healthy and so does my left ovary but I have a large simple cyst on my right but he's not too concerned about that. So I now have to phone up when AF starts full flow (am spotting a lot at the moment so should be tomorrow) to book my HSG and HyCosy which most likely will be the end of next week. We'll then have a follow up appointment and hubby has to do a SA for that. And then depending on all the results we will be doing either assisted ov or assisted ov with iui next cycle, so the end of July! We've also been given loads of information to read through a a book called 'the fertile secret' which was written by our RE! So by the sounds of things its all going to start moving along quite quickly, well as quickly as we can afford! 


Oh I should also add, all my phone calls yesterday paid off and we ended up only paying $30!! So the money saved will be going towards tests/treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment