Thursday, June 13, 2013

We're screwed

I got some bad news this morning, our insurance will not cover anything to do with infertility, and I mean nothing. Not even an SA. This sucks. We simply cannot afford to shell out thousands every month for tests and treatment that may or may not work. So what are our options?

1. Give up on ever having kids
2. Wait until we move somewhere where we can get IF treatment (we're moving next year so this may play a large part in deciding where we move to)
3. Pay the $300 consultation fee and see what they have to say
4. Go back to the OBGYN and ask if they can do the initial tests

None of these options are great to be honest. It's a very sucky situation not helped at all by our crappy insurance (what the hell are we paying so much money each month to them for??) I think I'm going to try and get hubby to agree to the consultation, even if we then don't do any follow up tests or treatment at least we'd have a professional opinion of what the problem could be.

At least at the moment I can do a little self diagnosis, thanks to OPKs and BBT charting I'm 99% sure I ov every cycle, ok some times its a bit late but I think I can mostly put that down to travelling or stress, so that's the first major thing, we know there's an egg, my cycles are mostly regular and not overly painful so pretty sure I don't have endo or pcos, so for me that leaves the possibility of blocked tubes or bad lining, both of these I can't really do a lot about. Next cycle I may try castor oil packs again, even if they don't really work they sure were relaxing! I'll also give the red raspberry a try to make sure there's a nice lining waiting in there for any embryo that happens to make it that far. Hubby on the other hand I can't really say much about, without an SA I have no idea how his swimmers are doing. I'm pumping him full of multivits and maca but thats about all I can do. I'm really hoping when he goes to the docs he can do an SA, if not then I'm very tempted to buy one of the at home testing kits, I know they don't give accurate results but should at least tell us if there are any swimmers in there.

I guess for the time being we just carry on as we have been and hope one day the Universe decides to give us a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment